Trainee - European Parliament - In Vicepresident Office
Dr. Surján László, Bruxelles, 2010
Ophthalmology resident - Szent György Hospital, Székesfehérvár - 2014-09 - 2017-03 Ophthalmology resident - Péterfy Hospital, Budapest - 2017-04 - 2019-11
Ophthalmologist - Péterfy Hospital, Budapest - 2019 - current
University of Medicine and Pharmacy - Faculty of Medicine, Cluj-Napoca, Romania 2008- 2011
University of Medicine and Pharmacy - Faculty of Medicine, Szeged, Hungary, 2011 - 2014
Medical Degree - Szeged, Hungary - 2014
Board Exam, Ophthalmology, Semmelweis University, 2019-11
“Macular edema with acute postoperative serous retinal detachment - Case series” - Elekes Ágnes, Radnóti Judit, Vámosi Péter - Annual Congress of the Hungarian Ophthalmological Society, 2021
“Paraneoplastic bullous pemphigoid associated with endometrial carcinoma. Case report” - Elekes Ágnes, Nagy Zoltán Zsolt , Füst Ágnes - Annual Congress of the Hungarian Ophthalmological Society, 2019
“Large-diameter penetrating keratoplasty: one-year results” - Imre László, Füst Ágnes, Elekes Ágnes, Annual Congress of the Hungarian Ophthalmological Society, 2019 “Our experience with pars plana vitrectomy in different types of uveitis” - Vámosi Péter, Vagyóczky Ágnes, Rupnik Zsófia, Elekes Ágnes, Radnóti Judit - Annual Congress of the Hungarian Ophthalmological Society
“Surgical management of macular holes” - Cserháti Zoltán, Vagyóczky Ágnes, Elekes Ágnes, Vámosi Péter - Congress of the Retina Section of Hungarian Ophthalmological Society, 2019
“Our experiences with surgical management of full-thickness macular holes”- Volek Éva, Elekes Ágnes, Vagyóczky Ágnes, Vámosi Péter - Congress of the Retina Section of Hungarian Ophthalmological Society, 2017
“Acute retinal necrosis. Case report” - Rupnik Zsófia Magdolna, Elekes Ágnes, Radnóti Judit - Congress of the Retina Section of Hungarian Ophthalmological Society, 2017
MD (Bucharest, Romania)
MD (Iassy, Romania)
MD (Iasy, Romania)
Head of Department of Research and Application of Laser in Ophthalmology
2015 - present
Head of Department of Research and Application of Laser in Ophthalmology
State Institution “The Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of the NAMS of Ukraine”, Odessa, Ukraine
2009 - 2015
Head of Laser Clinical Department
State Institution “The Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of the NAMS of Ukraine”, Odessa, Ukraine
2008 - 2015
Senior Researcher, Department of Research and Application of Ultrasound and Laser in Ophthalmology State Institution “The Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of the AMS of Ukraine”, Odessa, Ukraine
2007 - 2008
Senior Researcher, Department of Research - Technical Study
State Institution “The Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of the AMS of Ukraine”, Odessa, Ukraine
2004 - 2008
Researcher, Laser Clinical Department
The Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of the AMS of Ukraine, Odessa, Ukraine
Oct 2002 - 2004
City Scientific-Practical Center of Laser Treatment of the Eye, Kyiv, Ukraine
MD ophthalmologist, Department of Laser Treatment of the Eye - Oct 2002 Kyiv Eye Clinic “Center of Microsurgery of Eye”, Kyiv, Ukraine
2000 - 2002
MD internee ophthalmologist
Kyiv Eye Clinic “Center of Microsurgery of Eye”, Department of Laser Treatment of the Eye, Kyiv, Ukraine
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology Cornea and Refractive Surgery Department Anterior Segment Department
Instituto de Oftalmologia Conde de Valenciana. UNAM www.institutodeoftalmologia.org/
Academic Analysis Consejo Mexicano de Oftalmología Mexican Board of Ophthalmology www.cmoftalmologia.org
Sociedad Mexicana de Oftalmologia www.smo.org.mx
Centro Mexicano de Córnea y Cirugía Refractiva
Dr. Ashraf Armia, MD, MSc., FRCS (Glasgow), FACS., is a Consultant Eye Surgeon at Watany Eye Hospital (WEH), Cairo, Egypt and a shareholder at the same hospital. He is part of the Watany Research and Development Centre (WRDC), Cairo, Egypt.
He is the CEO of AshrafArmiaEyeClinic, and CEO of Armia’s Ophthalmology Training Observership Academy AOTOA. Founder of Global Education and Research Society Of Ophthalmology GERSO.
Dr. Armia is an international lecturer and speaker with several instructional courses were in the field of refractive surgery and keratoconus at the ASCRS, ESCRS, AAO and AECOS. Member of the family of the AECOS Europe since 2019. Editorial Board Member Of ISRS Multimedia Library. Reviewer of the Journal Of Cataract and Refractive Surgery JCRS and BMC ophthalmology Journal.
An Editorial Board Member of the EC - Ophthalmology Journal Of Ophthalmology.
He is a consultant cataract, cornea, refractive and anterior segment reconstruction surgeon.
Choose as the surgeon of the month worldwide by the International Society Of Refractive Surgery ISRS part of the American Academy Of Ophthalmology AAO.
My teaching and training videos are on the Eyetube, ISRS websites and on his YouTube channel.
- Indications for IOL Exchange, Know the risks and the rewards of this surgical strategy publication date May 28, 2021 publication description Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today / Europe Journal, CRST Europe.
- Long term results of accelerated 9 mW corneal crosslinking for early progressive keratoconus: the Siena Eye-Cross Study 2 publication date Apr 30, 2021 publication description Eye and Vision Journal, BMC part of the Springer Naturepublication description.
- Patients Want a Lens That Will Decrease Their Spectacle Dependence publication date Jan 15, 2021 publication description Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today / Europe Journal, CRST Europe.
- FLACS in Congenital Iris Coloboma: A Useful Technique publication date Aug 25, 2020 publication description International Medical Case Reports Journal are provided here courtesy of Dove Press.
Cataract, Cataract Surgery, Cornea, Keratoconus, Corneal surgery, Refractive Surgery, Pkakic Intra-ocular lenses, Iris repair, Anterior segment reconstruction, Innovation technology and Artificial Intelligence.
MAIN INTEREST VITREORETINAL SURGERY
1996 - First wold presentation of Lifting Dropped Noucleous using PFCL (Geneva) 2004 - First world Life Surgery using 25 g Electra Thessaloniki
2005 - First world Presentation of 5000 Silicone Oil Injection fro 25 g trocars (EVRS OREBRO Sweden )
2005 - First Presentation Of ENDOVASCULAR INJECTION in CVO (ASRS S Francisco) 2010 - First Presentation Of BISHOFT removal of Droped Noucleous and Endosclerar IOL implantation (EURETINA) - VEIL VITRECTOMY USA
2011 - First Life 25 G 3D Surgery In Bucharest Rumania with Prof Balta
2016 - First Presentation In Greece 3D Ngenuity Vitreoretinal and Catarract Surgery (THESSORASI)
Participated in Many Vitreoretinal Life Surgeries Bucharest ,Moscow ,Istanbul, Ravvena, India, Ismir, Athens, etc.
Current President Of The MEDITERRETINA SOCIETY
Current Director Of THESSALONIKI VITREORETINAL SUMMER SCHOOL 10 years
PLACE, DATE OF BIRTH
KECSKEMÉT, HUNGARY, 21,MAY, 1968
SZENT-GYÖRGYI ALBERT UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE, SZEGED, HUNGARY 1992 Medical Doctor
SEMMELWEIS UNIVERSITY BUDAPEST, DEPARTMENT OF OPHTHALMOLOGY 1996 Ophthalmologist
1992, MEDICAL DOCTOR
1990, Intermediate English
PROFESSIONAL -SCIENTIFIC CAREER
1992-1994: Scholarship of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
1994- Ophthalmologist of the Semmelweis University Department of Ophthalmology
2008- Teacher of the Semmelweis University Faculty of Health Science
2016- Master-teacher of the Semmelweis University Faculty of Health Science
PUBLICATION LIST IN MTMT DATABASE
PROFESSIONAL -SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITIES
2011- Secretary of the Hungarian Contact Lens Society
2017- Vice –president of the South Eastern EurOK Section
2021- Directors of Board of the European Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control
MEMBERSHIP IN ORGANISATIONS
1992- Hungarian Society of Ophthalmology
1992- Hungarian Contact Lens Society
1993- European Contact Lens Society
1993- German Society of Ophthalmology
2015- European Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control
DATE OF FINALISING
27 TH OF SEPTEMBER 2021.
I began my training in Ophthalmology at the Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón in Madrid before continuing with two glaucoma fellowships at the Bristol Eye Hospital and at the Hitchingbroke and Moorfields Eye Hospitals in the UK.
I got a PhD degree at Universidad de Zaragoza, with a study looking into the relationship between functional and structural defects in glaucoma patients and, on 2019, I was awarded with the Peter Watson Medal, delivered to the candidate with the best overall score in the FEBOS – glaucoma exam.
I have collaborated with NGOs performing cataract surgery in Burkina Faso and Bolivia.
On 2020 I had the opportunity to work In Romania, at Ama Optimex clinic in Bucharest where I attended expat patients for a short period before the pandemia outbreak.
Now I am back in Spain working at IMO Madrid, an international reference center where I look after complicated glaucoma patients.
Subspecialist in Cornea and Refractive Surgery
Doctor in Medicine, University of Medical Sciences (UCIMED), San Jose, Costa Rica
Ophthalmologist Surgeon, Association to Avoid Blindness in Mexico (APEC), Mexico
Subspecialist in Cornea and Refractive Surgery, Association to Avoid Blindness in Mexico (APEC), Mexico
Currently Medical Director of the 20/20 Clinic, San José, Costa Rica
Former President of the Costa Rican Ophthalmology Association (AOCR)
Editor of the Highlights Ophthalmology Journal
Editor of the Highlights of Vitreoretina Journal
Editor of Cataract ALACCSA – R / LASCRS
International Editorial Committee of the Mexican Journal of Ophthalmology
Researcher for Omega, Ivantis, New World Medical, ForSight VISION and LinCor Biosciences
Clinical Monitor for Stroma Medical
MD (Timisoara, Romania)
MD (Sibiu, Romania)
MD (Oradea, Romania)
Florian Kretz (FEBO), MD is an international established ophthalmologist, surgeon, speaker and researcher. Always on duty for his patients, his focus and interest are the best clinical outcomes – even in difficult cases. To achieve the best for his patients, he is focusing on these four key aspects:
1. Working as ophthalmologist providing individual care for his patients.
2. Working continuously in the areas of cataract and refractive surgery, glaucoma and treatment of macula degeneration.
3. Working with the latest technologies including their further development. Dr. Kretz established new treatment methods for cataract surgery at the facilities of Precise Vision Augenärzte in Rheine, Greven, Erlangen and Steinfurt.
4. Active research and development, professional education and publications are key aspects. Dr. Kretz does research around cataract, refractive surgery, glaucoma and macular degeneration.
As founder and CEO of PVK Precise Vision GmbH, he works at the locations: Rheine, Greven and Erlangen.
Florian Kretz (FEBO), MD, published more than 100 scientific articles in specialized ophthalmological press. He is a frequent consultant for news magazines regarding questions about ophthalmology (FOCUS, Stern, Spiegel)
Him and his wife Nicole Kretz run the non-profit organization Augenärzte für die Welt Gmbh which currently is supporting the Khmer Sight Foundation an NGO in Cambodia.
● „Top 40 under 40” – already since 2015 he belongs to the best ophthalmologists under 40 years of age in the world
● Since 2017 he belongs to the 50 most influential researchers in ophthalmology
● In 2018 and the next vote in 2020 he is among the top 100 most influential ophthalmologist’s world wide
● In 2019 he was awarded as a champion of change together with 50 other international Opthalmologists
● Well established international speaker and part of the scientific faculty at international congresses
- University of Szeged, MD 1977, Szeged, Hungary
- Specialisation on General Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Surgery: 1981
Full time professor and scientific vice director in the Department of Ophthalmology, at Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Scientific degrees and titles of thesis:
- Ph.D.: Early diagnosis of glaucoma, 1991
- D.Sc.: Blood circulation of the eye and orbit, 2003
Leader in major world organizations of ophthalmology: e.g.
- Board Member of the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) – 2010- 2018
- Board Member of the European Society of Ophthalmology (SOE) – since 2013 - Member of the European Academy of Ophthalmology (EAO, 5th Seat) – since 2007
- Member of the Global Outreach Committee of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) – 2008-2014
- Foundation Board Member of the South-East European Ophthalmological Society (SEEOS) – since 2003
- European Chair of the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) – 2012-2021
- Chair of the International Member Committee of the ARVO – 2009-2013
- Member in the International Chapter Affiliate Council of ARVO – 2007-2017
- Wide experience as team leader up-to 5000 members both in national and international projects.
- 20 years of experience as full-time university professor
- 10 years as medical and financial director of a large university eye department
40 year-long teaching experience in university education (500 students each year in Hungarian and English both for medical, optometry and IT engineer students
Successful residency, PhD and postgraduate training program director. Respected organizer and invited lecturer of large international congresses, teaching courses
Extensive leadership experience in clinical research: national and international medical, scientific, epidemiological and preventive projects and programs. Leader of interdisciplinary and international cooperations. Experience in review of articles, scientific works and project plans; participation in the evaluation of large research proposals in 6th, 7th and Horizon 2020 EU Framework Programs.
- Author of 381 scientific articles – IF: 270.967
- Science citation index (without self cit.) >1950
- Number of the articles in D1 (top 10%) journals: 25 and in Q1 (top 25%) journals: 41
- Author or editor of 10 books and 40 book chapters
- Lecturer of 815 scientific lectures
- Hirsch-index: 24
- Program director of 9 PhD students.
- Mentored and coached MDs resulting in a 137% increase in productivity of scientific publications.
- Spearheaded new SOPs for functional areas facilitate merge.
- Optimisation of staff as part of national health care reform.
MD (Bucharest, Romania)
Professor and Chair
Department of Ophthalmology
"Victor Babes" University of Medicine and Pharmacy
300041 Timisoara - ROMANIA
Neurologist, MD (Bucharest, Romania)
Head of Department of Uveitis of The State Institution “The Filatov`s Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of NAMS of Ukraine”
Doctor of Medical Sciences/Ophthalmology
Laureate of The State Prize of in science and technology (Ukraine)
Major scientific and scientific - medical activity:
Highly skilled in diagnostic and treatment of uveitis (including OCT, colour photo, FAG and ICG, interpretation results of autoimmune and inflectional deseases, Laser Flare Photometr)
- Diagnostic and treatment uveitis (high dose of corticosteroids treatment, immunosupression and biological treatment, laser treatment, intravitreal injections)
- laser treatment of eye diseases (diabeic retinopathy, glaucoma, secondary cataract etc.): laser photocoagulation (810 nm, 532 nm).
- treatment of diabetic and postrombotic macular edema, wet AMD, CNV associated wtih uveitis etc. by intravitreal injections of ranibizumab, bevacizumab, aflibercept, triamcinolon acetonid.
Highly skilled in performing of:
- microbiology study
- modelling of keratitis in experimental animals: rabbits
- modelling of endophthalmitis in experimental animals: rabbits
- OCT, colour photo and FAG in experimental animals: rabbits and Guinea pigs - Intravitreal injections in experimental animals: rabbits
- modelling of non-infectious uveitis in experimental animals: rabbits
- modelling of diabetic rethinopathy in experimental animals: rabbits
- Intravitreal, subtenon injections in experimental animals: rabbits, in patients
- Laser operations (photocoagulation and photodisruption) in experimental animals: rabbit
- Working with ophthalmological biomarkers in PTSD patient
Author of 2 scientific books, 91 articles and 19 patents.
2009 - present - Head of Department of Uveitis, Researcher, State Institution “The Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of the NAMS of Ukraine”, Odessa, Ukraine
2019 - present - Senior Researcher, Department of Uveitis, State Institution “The Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of the NAMS of Ukraine”, Odessa, Ukraine
2004 - 2019 - Researcher, Department of Uveitis, State Institution “The Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of the NAMS of Ukraine”, Odessa, Ukraine
2004 - present - Member of Society of Ophthalmologists of Ukraine 2006 - present - Member of “EURETINA”
2018 - present - Member of IOIS
2016 - present - Member Editorial Council of Journal of Ophthalmology
2012 - present - Member of Scientific Council of State Institution “The Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of the NAMS of Ukraine”
- Scientific Secretary of Academic Council of State Institution “The Filatov Institute of Eye Diseases and Tissue Therapy of the NAMS of Ukraine”
- Lector of training course and on-line school in Institute
Dr. Olga Goulia studied medicine at Aristotle University in Thessaloniki, Greece and undertook her ophthalmic training at Hippokarteio Tertiary Hospital in Thessaloniki.
She developed further sub-specialist expertise in Low Vision after undertaking observership and fellowship program at McGill University.
Dr. Goulia is a Consultant and Head of the Department of Ophthalmology at Grebena General Hospital Greece.
She specializes in Low Vision and Medical Retina. Her clinical and research interests include adult low vision holistic rehabilitation, quality of life of the visually impaired and Charles Bonnet Syndrome.
She has translated and validated the NEI_VFQ-25 in Greek language. In addition, she has been invited in numerous international congresses and has delivered lectures and courses on Low Vision and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Oya Donmez graduated from Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine in 2010. She completed
ophthalmology residency at Dokuz Eylul University between 2010-2015.She worked as an observer in the Uvea
Department of the Massachusetts Institute of Eye Research and Surgery and in the Department of Retinal
Diseases and Vitreoretinal Surgery at St Louis University. Besides, she worked in Retina and Uvea Department
of St Thomas Hospital, UK, with EURETİNA scholarship. Dr Oya Donmez has been working at Tınaztepe
University Eye Ophthalmology Department since February of 2020.
University of Medicine „Carol Davila”, Bucharest, Romania
Professor, Head of ocular oncology, pathology and genetics, Jules Gonin Eye Hospital, Lausanne, Swiss
University of Medicine „Iuliu Hatieganu”,Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Prof. Dr. Slobodanka LATINOVIĆ, born in Novi Sad, Vojvodina - Serbia, is an ophthalmologist and ophthalmic surgeon, professor at the Faculty of Medicine and Science of the University of Novi Sad, and a member of Vojvodina Academy of Sciences and Arts. She was a head of the Eye Clinic at the Clinical Center of Vojvodina for 17 years (since 1985).
In her clinical ophthalmic practice, she is known as a fruitful surgeon who has performed more than 35 000 anterior segment (cataract, glaucoma, corneal graft, laser refractive surgery) trauma anterior-posterior segment, conventional and vitreoretinal surgeries of RD with PVR, PDR, IOFB etc. Among the first Yugoslavia to introduce and apply the modern anterior and posterior segment microsurgery (1979-1980) with combined procedures in difficult eye trauma cases and severe vitreoretinal diseases.
From the beginning of the medical professional and scientific career at 1970. she was dedicated to ophthalmologic, clinical work, education and continuous development of University Eye Clinic in Novi Sad, based on the traditional high level of European ophthalmology. For years she is well known for her contributions in ophthalmic education in the country and abroad, and from 2001 as the coordinator of ICO Assessment for Serbia and former Yugoslav countries.
She managed and coordinated research programs in European cataract outcome study group, glaucoma morphodynamic, and diabetic and vitreoretinal vascular diseases treatment, introducing quality of life assessment in country as an objective method of eye treatment. All this, resulted in the reviving of the Novi Sad school of ophthalmology, which had risen up to European and world standards. Today she participates in research and everyday ophthalmic work as the owner of MC Vidar Latinovic Eye Clinic.
MD (Cluj-Napoca, Romania)
MD (Satu-Mare, Romania)
He graduated ophthalmology recidency in 1983 from Ankara University.
After advanced training in England Leicester Royal Infirmary and Moorfields Eye Hospital, he started to Dokuz Eylül University in İzmir.
He was assigned to professorship in 1997 in same University. He had elected to chair of the department between 1987-1990.
He is the past president of Turkish Ophthalmology Association and Head of the Executive Board of TOA between 2011-2013.
He is the chief of the TOA Vitreoretinal Surgery Society for 2014-2016 and at the same time he is the Advisory Committee of TOA.
He is the member of several international societies AAO, ASRS, ESCRS, Euretina, etc. and jury member in EBO examinations.
He is the representative of TOA in SOE and scientific referees for several journals. He has a private clinic and research center with his wife Tülin Kaynak M.D. Opht.
He is the founder and elected General Secretary of of Turcic Republics Ophthalmology Society (TROS). He has been participating as a partner to many international multicentric studies.
His scientific activities are seen in his website www.suleymankaynak.com.
MD (Gheorgheni, Romania)
Consultant Vitreoretinal Specialist
Ophthalmic Department Korgialeneio-Benakeio Hospital, Athens, Greece.
- Graduated from Medical School of University of Patras, Greece (1983)
- Specialist Ophthalmology training in Athens (1991)
- 1991 - 1997: Registered specialist in UK. Appointed as Ophthalmic surgeon at Leighton Hospital, Crewe, Cheshire, UK
- 1995 - 1997: Research post at the University of Manchester, UK
- 1997 until today: Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Korgealeneio-Benakeio Hospital, Head of the Vitreo-Retinal unit, performing many posterior segment operations every year including the modern small gauge Vitreo-Retinal procedures
- 2009 - 2011: EuLDP and diploma
- 2012: EBO diploma
- 2012: PhD in the University of Athens based on innovations in Macular surgery - 2014 - 2015: Fellowship in Ocular Oncology at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
- President of the Hellenic Ophthalmological Society (2007 - 2009)
- President of the Greek Ophthalmological Federation (2011 - 2013)
- National representative for the screening for Diabetic Retinopathy
- National Delegate of Greece in UEMS (2008 - 2016)
- National Delegate of Greece in EBO (2008 - 2020)
- Member of the Executive Committee of the European Board of Ophthalmology (2017 - 2020)
- Chair of the Residency Review Committee of the European Board of Ophthalmology (2017 - 2020)