- University of Szeged, MD 1977, Szeged, Hungary
- Specialisation on General Ophthalmology and Ophthalmic Surgery: 1981
Full time professor and scientific vice director in the Department of Ophthalmology, at Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
Scientific degrees and titles of thesis:
- Ph.D.: Early diagnosis of glaucoma, 1991
- D.Sc.: Blood circulation of the eye and orbit, 2003
Leader in major world organizations of ophthalmology: e.g.
- Board Member of the International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) – 2010- 2018
- Board Member of the European Society of Ophthalmology (SOE) – since 2013 - Member of the European Academy of Ophthalmology (EAO, 5th Seat) – since 2007
- Member of the Global Outreach Committee of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) – 2008-2014
- Foundation Board Member of the South-East European Ophthalmological Society (SEEOS) – since 2003
- European Chair of the International Agency for the Prevention of Blindness (IAPB) – 2012-2021
- Chair of the International Member Committee of the ARVO – 2009-2013
- Member in the International Chapter Affiliate Council of ARVO – 2007-2017
- Wide experience as team leader up-to 5000 members both in national and international projects.
- 20 years of experience as full-time university professor
- 10 years as medical and financial director of a large university eye department
40 year-long teaching experience in university education (500 students each year in Hungarian and English both for medical, optometry and IT engineer students
Successful residency, PhD and postgraduate training program director. Respected organizer and invited lecturer of large international congresses, teaching courses
Extensive leadership experience in clinical research: national and international medical, scientific, epidemiological and preventive projects and programs. Leader of interdisciplinary and international cooperations. Experience in review of articles, scientific works and project plans; participation in the evaluation of large research proposals in 6th, 7th and Horizon 2020 EU Framework Programs.
- Author of 381 scientific articles – IF: 270.967
- Science citation index (without self cit.) >1950
- Number of the articles in D1 (top 10%) journals: 25 and in Q1 (top 25%) journals: 41
- Author or editor of 10 books and 40 book chapters
- Lecturer of 815 scientific lectures
- Hirsch-index: 24
- Program director of 9 PhD students.
- Mentored and coached MDs resulting in a 137% increase in productivity of scientific publications.
- Spearheaded new SOPs for functional areas facilitate merge.
- Optimisation of staff as part of national health care reform.
PLACE, DATE OF BIRTH
KECSKEMÉT, HUNGARY, 21,MAY, 1968
SZENT-GYÖRGYI ALBERT UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE, SZEGED, HUNGARY 1992 Medical Doctor
SEMMELWEIS UNIVERSITY BUDAPEST, DEPARTMENT OF OPHTHALMOLOGY 1996 Ophthalmologist
1992, MEDICAL DOCTOR
1990, Intermediate English
PROFESSIONAL -SCIENTIFIC CAREER
1992-1994: Scholarship of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
1994- Ophthalmologist of the Semmelweis University Department of Ophthalmology
2008- Teacher of the Semmelweis University Faculty of Health Science
2016- Master-teacher of the Semmelweis University Faculty of Health Science
PUBLICATION LIST IN MTMT DATABASE
PROFESSIONAL -SCIENTIFIC ACTIVITIES
2011- Secretary of the Hungarian Contact Lens Society
2017- Vice –president of the South Eastern EurOK Section
2021- Directors of Board of the European Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control
MEMBERSHIP IN ORGANISATIONS
1992- Hungarian Society of Ophthalmology
1992- Hungarian Contact Lens Society
1993- European Contact Lens Society
1993- German Society of Ophthalmology
2015- European Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control
DATE OF FINALISING
27 TH OF SEPTEMBER 2021.
Florian Kretz (FEBO), MD is an international established ophthalmologist, surgeon, speaker and researcher. Always on duty for his patients, his focus and interest are the best clinical outcomes – even in difficult cases. To achieve the best for his patients, he is focusing on these four key aspects:
1. Working as ophthalmologist providing individual care for his patients.
2. Working continuously in the areas of cataract and refractive surgery, glaucoma and treatment of macula degeneration.
3. Working with the latest technologies including their further development. Dr. Kretz established new treatment methods for cataract surgery at the facilities of Precise Vision Augenärzte in Rheine, Greven, Erlangen and Steinfurt.
4. Active research and development, professional education and publications are key aspects. Dr. Kretz does research around cataract, refractive surgery, glaucoma and macular degeneration.
As founder and CEO of PVK Precise Vision GmbH, he works at the locations: Rheine, Greven and Erlangen.
Florian Kretz (FEBO), MD, published more than 100 scientific articles in specialized ophthalmological press. He is a frequent consultant for news magazines regarding questions about ophthalmology (FOCUS, Stern, Spiegel)
Him and his wife Nicole Kretz run the non-profit organization Augenärzte für die Welt Gmbh which currently is supporting the Khmer Sight Foundation an NGO in Cambodia.
● „Top 40 under 40” – already since 2015 he belongs to the best ophthalmologists under 40 years of age in the world
● Since 2017 he belongs to the 50 most influential researchers in ophthalmology
● In 2018 and the next vote in 2020 he is among the top 100 most influential ophthalmologist’s world wide
● In 2019 he was awarded as a champion of change together with 50 other international Opthalmologists
● Well established international speaker and part of the scientific faculty at international congresses
Professor, Head of ocular oncology, pathology and genetics, Jules Gonin Eye Hospital, Lausanne, Swiss
Prof. Dr. Slobodanka LATINOVIĆ, born in Novi Sad, Vojvodina - Serbia, is an ophthalmologist and ophthalmic surgeon, professor at the Faculty of Medicine and Science of the University of Novi Sad, and a member of Vojvodina Academy of Sciences and Arts. She was a head of the Eye Clinic at the Clinical Center of Vojvodina for 17 years (since 1985).
In her clinical ophthalmic practice, she is known as a fruitful surgeon who has performed more than 35 000 anterior segment (cataract, glaucoma, corneal graft, laser refractive surgery) trauma anterior-posterior segment, conventional and vitreoretinal surgeries of RD with PVR, PDR, IOFB etc. Among the first Yugoslavia to introduce and apply the modern anterior and posterior segment microsurgery (1979-1980) with combined procedures in difficult eye trauma cases and severe vitreoretinal diseases.
From the beginning of the medical professional and scientific career at 1970. she was dedicated to ophthalmologic, clinical work, education and continuous development of University Eye Clinic in Novi Sad, based on the traditional high level of European ophthalmology. For years she is well known for her contributions in ophthalmic education in the country and abroad, and from 2001 as the coordinator of ICO Assessment for Serbia and former Yugoslav countries.
She managed and coordinated research programs in European cataract outcome study group, glaucoma morphodynamic, and diabetic and vitreoretinal vascular diseases treatment, introducing quality of life assessment in country as an objective method of eye treatment. All this, resulted in the reviving of the Novi Sad school of ophthalmology, which had risen up to European and world standards. Today she participates in research and everyday ophthalmic work as the owner of MC Vidar Latinovic Eye Clinic.
University of Medicine „Carol Davila”, Bucharest, Romania
University of Medicine „Iuliu Hatieganu”,Cluj-Napoca, Romania
I began my training in Ophthalmology at the Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Marañón in Madrid before continuing with two glaucoma fellowships at the Bristol Eye Hospital and at the Hitchingbroke and Moorfields Eye Hospitals in the UK.
I got a PhD degree at Universidad de Zaragoza, with a study looking into the relationship between functional and structural defects in glaucoma patients and, on 2019, I was awarded with the Peter Watson Medal, delivered to the candidate with the best overall score in the FEBOS – glaucoma exam.
I have collaborated with NGOs performing cataract surgery in Burkina Faso and Bolivia.
On 2020 I had the opportunity to work In Romania, at Ama Optimex clinic in Bucharest where I attended expat patients for a short period before the pandemia outbreak.
Now I am back in Spain working at IMO Madrid, an international reference center where I look after complicated glaucoma patients.
MD (Bucharest, Romania)
MD (Iassy, Romania)
MD (Bucharest, Romania)
MD (Iasy, Romania)
Professor and Chair
Department of Ophthalmology
"Victor Babes" University of Medicine and Pharmacy
300041 Timisoara - ROMANIA
MD (Oradea, Romania)
MD (Satu-Mare, Romania)
MD (Sibiu, Romania)
MD (Timisoara, Romania)
Neurologist, MD (Bucharest, Romania)
MD (Gheorgheni, Romania)
MD (Cluj-Napoca, Romania)